Head of Purchasing - Software and IT Services (m/f/d) (Berlin)
Be part of a new and exciting Global Software House initiative within a leading German, Automotive Group, with this fantastic role as Head of Purchasing - Software and IT Services (m/f/d).
This is a Management level role, where you would drive a new purchasing strategy and build your own team to deliver it. This is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with software development experts all over the world and contribute to new technical innovation in today's motor vehicles. This role would suit a Procurement Manager with relevant software purchasing experiences or even a Manager level Software Development or IT expert with third party software evaluation project experience. Past experience selecting third-party suppliers, professional services and software is also highly relevant.
- Managing the Software Purchasing & Supplier Management unit in the Global Software House , you will lead and implement the overall strategy and create a new software procurement team
- You will develop and implement the purchasing strategy for all additional software services and third-party software
- You will build a new team with a focus on the development and support of third-party software providers for customer projects
- You will implement purchasing strategies that promote global cost efficiency and continually optimise the procurement process
- You will review business plans and standards in collaboration with the suppliers and service providers
- Your team will conduct procurement performance analysis and look at new measures to improve purchasing
The ideal candidate;
- Has successfully completed at least a Bachelor with an Economics or Technical / IT / Engineering focus
- Has highly relevant experiences in strategic purchasing, especially with software for technical or producing companies such as automotive
- Someone with excellent people management skills or a high-calibre Senior expert seeking an opportunity to step up into a Management role
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- A positive and committed team player with ambition and reliability to proactively lead a new strategic initiative.
The company has a relaxed and modern digital culture, with flat hierarchies and a focus on collaborative and agile working. An excellent Management salary is offered, plus flexible and home working opportunities are available in addition to 30 days holiday and other benefits.
If you would like to find out more, don't hesitate to get in touch!
Chris Fitzgerald - Director (English Speaking)
Angela Fitzgerald – Managing Director (German Speaking)
Phone: +49 211 5469 22330