Our client, an international, US stock exchange listed company, in the life science and tech industry, seeks a new Senior Internal Auditor from a top audit firm (Big 4 -10).
Our client offers:
- A great example of an internal audit role with good work life balance, in a relaxed, friendly and professional team. There is a lean and flat hierarchy structure and the role is advisory in nature.
- This role can be seen as a great platform to a future management career within the global group.
- Regular training and development including excellent and supportive on-boarding with an experienced mentor.
- An internal audit role with approx. 25% international travel, planned in advance, with long breaks between audits and excluding weekend travel.
- An international and American business where the internal audit team is highly appreciated and contacted for advice. Guaranteed no SOX-Testing!
- Home Office flexibility on Mondays and Fridays.
- Excellent Salary and bonus potential.
General Role Description:
- You focus on execution of financial audits and reviews. These engagements are mostly performed alongside colleagues and an Internal Audit Manager or Director
- In the case of smaller engagements and as part of your development, you may plan and execute engagements on your own.
- You will assist the lead Manager or Director with the planning of engagements and will take ownership of your assigned work areas.
- Assist in planning and execution of high quality financial and compliance audits and reviews, generally under the supervision of an Internal Audit Manager or Director.
- Complete assigned portions of engagements, including testing (NO SOX-TESTING), work paper documentation and report drafting while on site or shortly after completion of field work and submit to lead Internal Audit Manager or Director on a timely basis.
- Acquire a good understanding of the audit location’s business and industry.
- Develop positive working relationships with audit location finance teams.
- Be a point of contact for accounting questions or concerns coming from the locations.
- Lend special skillsets or experience to engagements where needed, e.g., language ability, process or forensic audit skills, etc.
- Assist as required with miscellaneous reporting needed for senior management or Audit Committee presentations
- Throughout the year you will attend conferences and, if interested, perform one exchange-audit together with another global audit team
- 4 – 6 years either with a “Big Four” or second tier audit firm and/or internal audit experience with a “Fortune 500” company.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Additional qualifications such as German Steuerberater exam, MBA, US CPA, CIA or non-US CPA equivalent are desirable. Additional studies are also supported.
- Experience with consolidation accounting and reporting in multi-national companies
- Experience with manufacturing companies is required.
- Experience with IFRS or US GAAP and Internal Controls or SOX is required; SEC public company reporting is a plus.
- First-hand experience with anti-corruption and forensic audits is a plus.
- Fluent in German and English language. Additional Languages are a bonus.
If you are interested please submit your CV and references (work experience and degrees) to Kompass Recruitment GmbH.
Angela and Chris Fitzgerald
Phone: +49 211 5469 22330